Wednesday 14 March 2018 marks two years since we opened Family Doctors Plus. It’s been a huge couple of years and we have achieved more than we’d ever thought possible in such a short time.
As we enter our terrible twos (we’ll rebrand them as terrific twos!), we’d like to thank our colleagues, our patients and our community for their support.
Our story so far
We opened Family Doctors Plus with the aim of forging a completely different approach to general practice – one that empowered people to optimise their health and take charge of their wellbeing. In the years since, we’ve stuck to our vision and pursued our goals with dedication and tenacity.
As a result, we have achieved great things:
● We won the 2017 Telstra Queensland Business of the Year Award, as well as the New Business Award, in our first year of entering the competition.
● We were finalists in the Brisbane Lord Mayor’s Business Award in 2017.
● We have educated our community on subjects including puberty, school readiness and menopause at our very popular seminars, which also raise money for charities.
● We have developed and implemented a new model for aged care, setting up satellite clinics to provide healthcare to residents and staff in Tricare and Wesley Mission Qld aged care communities
● We continue to grow. New GPs and allied health professionals have joined us, expanding our ability to provide you with holistic care from experienced professionals.
● We are continuously educating the Family Doctors Plus community via our website, newsletters, social media and Dr Maria Boulton’s regular slot on ABC Radio Brisbane.
Our journey continues
Looking to the future:
● We have expanded our building with six new consultation rooms, a specialists room, an extra toilet facility as well as a conference room for our education seminars.
● Plans are underway to open a dedicated skin care room in our clinic.
● We have launched informative health care videos from our doctors as part of our efforts to teach and empower our community.
Thank you for wholeheartedly embracing Family Doctors Plus – it is a privilege to look after you and your families. We look forward to yet another year of healthy growth!